Friday 22 February 2013

TROPFEST

Until I came to Australia I didn't know what Tropfest was and after going, I feel it is my duty to educate the rest of the world. Tropfest is a short film festival that has been running for 22 years. Its probably the most popular and succesful short film festival in the world. I work in the Domain in Sydney which is where it's held, so me and two friends went (its free!)

You dont realise how much you can fit in a seven minute film! These films were amazing, some of them were so sad, like 'Time', the story of a boy who thought he could time travel and he found a rock from 'the future' and all the other boys bullied him, until his mum drove into a lake and he used the said rock to free his mum from the sinking car. EMOTIONAL STUFF. You dont even realise how emotionally attatched you can get to someone in 7 minutes.

Some films were heartwarming, like 'We've all been there', which actually turned out the be the winner.

Tropfest is going to New York soon! Globalising!

Below is a picture of me thoroughly enjoying Tropfest as well as the winning video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpkjGqYJxos&feature=youtube_gdata_player


No comments:

Post a Comment