Monday 10 September 2012

Accidentally on Purpose - QUAD

Derby might not be the most cultural place in England but it does have it's little gems. Derby Quad offers lovely exhibitions though, and I have seen quite a lot of nice art at Derby Museum too. I do think that we need more art and culture going on in Derby - more galleries would be great.

A couple of weeks ago I went to see the 'Accidentally on Purpose' exhibition at the Quad and I thought some of the pieces were beautiful. Me and my boyfriend loved the full wall covered in negatives printed on clear paper and stuck on with tape (below). It gave the wall a 'just made' feel, obviously linking to the title of the exhibition itself. It faced opposite the door, so made an impression straight away. 

Hanging in the middle of the room was fabric which had been cut at at the bottom, but this fabric was sheer and beautiful, in pale pink and light blue, and although it had clearly been destroyed, it still held it's femininity well. 

I was surprised by how nice this exhibition was, and I'm hoping there will be another exhibition soon, or at least before I go to Australia in November! - it's nice to have this modern art in Derby for once!


No comments:

Post a Comment