Monday 10 September 2012

In and Out of Focus - Saatchi

On my travels to London I also came across the BEAUTIFUL Saatchi Gallery. It's beautiful inside and out and everybody should go see it. Immediately.

I saw in the In and Out of Focus instillation. And I really really loved it. I've never really been a fan of photography as a form of art - to me photography always seemed a way of documentation, a device best used for news and history. But when I saw some of the beautiful art works, and the way in which the art worked had been altered, I loved it. JOHN STAZAKER was particularly brilliant. The way he manipulated two photographs in a way that at first glance you can't even tell they're different photos was amazing and in fact, genius. 

Another particularly striking part was from the balcony on the second floor. There were 3 large images on the walls that from a distance looked completely normal (even if I did feel a little bit distressed of the photo of a cat with pegs on its ears. I LOVE CATS), but up close they were almost unrecognisable through the pixelated effect. Until you took a few steps back it was difficult to know what you were even looking at. 

My boyfriend took a fancy to one particular photo of the Queen. Maybe it was because the Diamond Jubilee had happened and we were all lovin' Queenie. It was a cute photo though of her with her eyes shut though. 





No comments:

Post a Comment