Saturday 29 September 2012

Biennial Galleries....so far!

FACT

I am not the biggest fan of interactive art work because I always feel nervous about 'getting involved', however I think I actually fell in love with Pedro Reyes interactive work at FACT. Playing 'Melodrama and Other Games' was such a great way to get people involved without feeling intrusive or out of the ordinary. 'Melodrama' was easy to follow, a lot like snakes and ladders but with hilarious and very true fact of relationships instead of a plain square grid. Me and my boyfriend loved it. And I won. Not only could you get involved but you could also take a print of his art work home, making it all the more memorable, and the work itself was beautiful anyway.


Akram Zaatari's work was located in a dark room and at first I felt pretty disorientated  but when I saw the work I found is quite funny. The pictures of babies in their innocence, with their trousers round their ankles, or lying naked on a pillow, or even just playing around with toys seemed so normal and actually cute, but then when the same pictures were reenacted by both female and male adults, it felt disturbing. Just shows what babies can get away with. 


Walker Art Gallery 

I was really really excited to go and see Enrico David's work at the Walker Art Gallery after seeing a picture of one of his etchings. I am such a fan of etchings I can't even take it!!! I love Goya, I now love Kubin, I just love the darkness and grainyness and everything. I did enjoy Enrico's, I thought they were nice and chalky and I loved how you could see the lines of the charcoal. 

Whilst I was there I also had a nice long look around the John Moores Painting Prize..I'll do a write up on that soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment